The next class will be offered:
Starting February 9, 2017
Thursdays, February 9-April 20, 2017
NAMI office, 1508 Tippecanoe Street, Room 4-901, Lafayette
Registration is required. If you are interested in taking the course, please call 765-423-6939 or send a message .
- Meets weekly for 11 weeks (and covers 12 weeks’ worth of material)
- Is offered free of charge
- Is taught by trained NAMI family members who have relatives with mental illness
- Follows a structured format covering issues frequently faced by families dealing with mental illness
The course teaches the knowledge and skills that family members need to cope more effectively.
- Attend with other adult family members just like you in a confidential setting.
- Gain insight into how mental illness affects your relative.
- Take an eye-opening look inside some of today’s current brain research related to mental illness.
- Learn how families can become advocates for better treatments for their relatives.
- Learn about the medication issues involved in mental illness and the latest treatment options.
- Learn to cope with worry and stress; learn to focus on care for you as well as your loved ones.
The NAMI Family-to-Family Education Program has been added to the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices!
Also of interest: